Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's not Christmas anymore....

We had a wonderful Christmas!

But whew! we are worn out....
Here we are on Christmas morning in front of the tree before the madness began....





Brian passed out presents and after he gave his grandma her gifts, she refused to put any of them down.


As you can see, she is opening one present while holding the rest on her lap...we kept assuring her that it was safe to put them down but she persisted. I guess she didn't trust us....


Then it was time to put in the prime rib....Brian and his dad rubbed it with lemon pepper and then popped it in the oven....(I promise they didn't rub it with the BAM first...no clue why that's in the picture!!)





And then we set the timer and hoped for the best.....



4 and a half hours and a few tense moments later....

the prime rib is finally done and finally medium well!!!
Yes, that is a mountain of mashed potatoes....


We were starved by the time the food was all ready.....




We breathe a sigh of relief as we sit down to eat and realize....

Whoa!! We did it!!

(Then I planted my face in the mashed potatoes and fell asleep....not really, but I seriously considered it as an option)



After the meal, the women got to work and cleaned up...


we hand-washed, dried and put away the china...put away the leftovers...


Suddenly we realize that the "boys" are nowhere to be found....oh wait, here they are.....




Before Vicki hit the road, she had to fluff up the bed of her "inside" dog Eric...

Before you think we're really mean making her dog sit in the car all day and night...let me explain.

Brian offered to let him run around our backyard instead of being cooped up in the car...to which she replied, "OUTside???? I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.."

You gotta see this one to believe it....


When we got home from dinner last night, we found these on our front porch...

No note or card....we couldn't figure out who they were from....
I've had flowers left on our doorstep before, from my friend Chase next door, but he usually leaves me flowers that he stole from the empty house across the street and usually the dirt is still attached....



Today Chase told Brian that they are from him to me "for Christmas".

So Brian says, "Merry Christmas Chase!!"

Chase says, "Thanks Brian....Hey Brian!!!"

"Yeah, Chase???"

"It's not Christmas anymore."

1 comment:

Team Leslie said...

Hilarious. I love Chase! p.s. Now that you have a Christmas under your belt (as hosts) I think Kurt, Avery & I might just do Christmas with the Bergs next year:)