Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just in the knick of time.....

It's been a rough week...
long days at work, getting sick and feeling crummy for a couple days, oh yeah and missing home really really bad...

But then today my luck changed...
At long last the sun came out and it was the most gorgeous day I have seen
since I left Texas.
Clear skies....a pleasant 72 degrees....just beautiful!

If you look closely in the next pic you can see the mountains in the background...



Here are some of the lucky people who pull their boats right up to their houses...



After three months of nearly non-stop gloomy weather....somebody knew we all needed a break and just needed a little sunshine!

So here's another thing I figured out this week....the days are long!
When I left the house this morning at 5:45 the sun was already up and I took these pics about 7:30 on my way home....now it's 9:30 and the sun is just now setting....

Sister, we ain't in Texas no more!

When we told people we were moving to Seattle almost without exception the very first thing people mentioned was the weather and everyone wanted to know...
How do you feel about the cold and rainy weather?

To which I replied,
Well, I'm not sure how I feel about it....
but now I know.
It pretty much does stink.

But I think if I can just have a beautiful day like today every once in a while to buoy my spirits and my mood, I think I will survive.






2 comments:

Amy said...

Then here's wishing you many more beautiful days!

Alison said...

I'm so glad you got some sunshine - you deserve it!!

Did I mention that I better get to see the Sleepless in Seattle house boat when I am there?? That is one tourist attraction I don't want to miss.