I am in love with the sunshine...
We got another beautiful day on Friday and as I sat outside on my lunch break all I wanted to do was lay down and make a grass angel...
I'll blame my delirium on a serious lack of Vitamin D....
Friday was the most horrible day of work I have had in a very long time....
It included, but was not limited to...
an all-out confrontation with an angry grandmother
and a frantic sprint across the hospital lobby to chase down a family and convince them that we needed them to please return inside as we had forgotten one minor detail....
(definetly not the highlight of my nursing career).
But the day was redeemed as we walked outside the hospital to find beautiful weather once again. Since it was so nice Desiree and I decided to forgo the shuttle and walk to our parking lot down the hill...it was great to be outside, get some exercise and have a chat with a friend.
Here is Desiree being kind enough to let me take her picture by the shuttle sign...for some reason I always feel like a hitch hiker standing by the sign and waiting to get picked up.
I'll blame my delirium on a serious lack of Vitamin D....
Friday was the most horrible day of work I have had in a very long time....
It included, but was not limited to...
an all-out confrontation with an angry grandmother
and a frantic sprint across the hospital lobby to chase down a family and convince them that we needed them to please return inside as we had forgotten one minor detail....
(definetly not the highlight of my nursing career).
But the day was redeemed as we walked outside the hospital to find beautiful weather once again. Since it was so nice Desiree and I decided to forgo the shuttle and walk to our parking lot down the hill...it was great to be outside, get some exercise and have a chat with a friend.
Here is Desiree being kind enough to let me take her picture by the shuttle sign...for some reason I always feel like a hitch hiker standing by the sign and waiting to get picked up.
We woke up Saturday morning and it was sunny again!
So Brian hit the driving range and I hit the coffee shop across the street to sip my latte and read my book in the sunshine...
After awhile Brian joined me and together we lounged outside enjoying the great weather...
After about an hour, we decided it was a bit warm so we scooted to the shade...
In another 30 minutes we moved to a cooler spot where we could catch a nice breeze and 15 minutes later we looked at each other and said, Ok we need to go inside...it's just hot!
People have been telling us that it gets "hot" here in the summer....
To which we say, We're from Texas...we know hot!
Well, we do know hot...but with A/C.
Later that night we found out that the city had reached record highs on Saturday, as high as 90s in some spots.
People keep saying that this weekend was quite unusual and it doesn't get that hot very often...but I kind of wonder if they're lying....
So Brian hit the driving range and I hit the coffee shop across the street to sip my latte and read my book in the sunshine...
After awhile Brian joined me and together we lounged outside enjoying the great weather...
After about an hour, we decided it was a bit warm so we scooted to the shade...
In another 30 minutes we moved to a cooler spot where we could catch a nice breeze and 15 minutes later we looked at each other and said, Ok we need to go inside...it's just hot!
People have been telling us that it gets "hot" here in the summer....
To which we say, We're from Texas...we know hot!
Well, we do know hot...but with A/C.
Later that night we found out that the city had reached record highs on Saturday, as high as 90s in some spots.
People keep saying that this weekend was quite unusual and it doesn't get that hot very often...but I kind of wonder if they're lying....
Everyone insists that you just don't need air conditioning here....
we wish for it anyway.
We spent the rest of the afternoon sacked out in front of our new fan.
We celebrated Tejal's birthday Saturday night at Fish Cafe in downtown Kirkland...what a view!!
we wish for it anyway.
We spent the rest of the afternoon sacked out in front of our new fan.
We celebrated Tejal's birthday Saturday night at Fish Cafe in downtown Kirkland...what a view!!
My parents arrive tomorrow for a long weekend...yeah!
We plan to party hard all weekend long....lots of all-nighters Mom!
We plan to party hard all weekend long....lots of all-nighters Mom!

2 comments:
I love that you are so honest! I hope your next work day is much better!! ...with good weather!
The sunset looks beautiful! Good job! -Tejal
Post a Comment