I am excited about several things today.
#1. I am almost done with my Master's Project. I have one last presentation next Tuesday and then I can mark it off my "to-do" list. So close!
#2. I am ecstatic about this: Hopefully we can now lay the autism-vaccine link theory to rest. The journal that published the original article suggesting a link between the MMR vaccine and autism has now officially retracted the article. They now say they wish they had never published it. The original study was poorly constructed and carried out.
I'm sure Jenny McCarthy will swear to the day she dies that there IS indeed a link and that's fine. She can talk all she wants. But in the meantime, let's get busy and find the REAL cause of autism.
#3. I found a great new blog to read. It's called the Seattle Mama Doc Blog and it's written by a local pediatrician mom. It's smart and easy to read. Some post are long and deep, others are short and funny. Tell me what you think.
#2. I am ecstatic about this: Hopefully we can now lay the autism-vaccine link theory to rest. The journal that published the original article suggesting a link between the MMR vaccine and autism has now officially retracted the article. They now say they wish they had never published it. The original study was poorly constructed and carried out.
I'm sure Jenny McCarthy will swear to the day she dies that there IS indeed a link and that's fine. She can talk all she wants. But in the meantime, let's get busy and find the REAL cause of autism.
#3. I found a great new blog to read. It's called the Seattle Mama Doc Blog and it's written by a local pediatrician mom. It's smart and easy to read. Some post are long and deep, others are short and funny. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:
Hooray! Congrats on being 'almost done!' That's fascinating about the autism/vaccine article... I just read a really long one in Wired about how the connection is bogus and why. (And also why people like Jenny McCarthy will go to their grave condemning vaccines.) I'll have to check out the blog you mentioned...
Dude! I want Dr. Swanson as my pediatrician! I especially loved what she had to say about how so much parenting is based in fear and how she pointed out how resilient and blessed with good health children are. I'm curious, does anyone think this fear is just naturally born in us? I honestly blame SO MUCH on the media...
Post a Comment