Over the Memorial Day weekend my parents came for a visit!!
What fun to have them here...
The last time we saw my parents was three and a half months ago at our Abilene stop...
We left our house in Keller and drove west to Abilene to spend the night before starting our road trip to Seattle...
The last time we saw my parents was three and a half months ago at our Abilene stop...
We left our house in Keller and drove west to Abilene to spend the night before starting our road trip to Seattle...
A look back on our journey...
Here are Brian and my dad mapping out our course the night before we left...
Here are Brian and my dad mapping out our course the night before we left...
And here we are outside my parents house...one last picture before we hit the road to begin our 30 hour, 2,000 mile trip to Seattle...
Comfy clothes...a ton of snacks...three books on CD...we were ready!
The trip west across Texas seemed like the longest leg of the trip....
But finally we crossed into New Mexico...
But finally we crossed into New Mexico...
Then Arizona....
Then California....
Oregon.....
And finally after four days in the car we made it to Kirkland!
And we were super excited that our stuff made it too!!
Shipping the car and flying here would definitely have been quicker and maybe a little easier...
But looking back...I wouldn't trade our road trip for anything...
We saw so much in those four days...six states...mountains, valleys, fog, rain, snow....
it was an experience I won't ever forget.
Am I excited to do it again when we move back to Texas?
Ehh....I think once was enough for me!
The first day of my parent's visit we did a Duck Tour of Seattle...
It is this big bus that also goes in the water!
Complete with a crazy driver...
On Sunday we drove north to Anacortes to take a Whale Watching trip....
We had gorgeous weather and saw lots of whales...
the whales seemed to be just swimming alongside our boat for most of the trip...
We had gorgeous weather and saw lots of whales...
the whales seemed to be just swimming alongside our boat for most of the trip...
I took lots of videos trying to capture the whales..
I like this one the best because you can hear our captain...
so nice....but so cheesy...
Great stuff people!
I like this one the best because you can hear our captain...
so nice....but so cheesy...
Great stuff people!
Despite all the sunshine...it was cold out on the boat...bring out the fleece and scarf again! (And gangsta' cap for B)
One way home we stopped to see Deception Pass....it was so pretty...I loved it!
But I am a wee bit scared of heights so I was a little nervous standing out on this ledge to get our picture taken...
It didn't help that B kept pretending he was falling...
But I am a wee bit scared of heights so I was a little nervous standing out on this ledge to get our picture taken...
It didn't help that B kept pretending he was falling...

4 comments:
What a fun visit - and a great looking family! We can't wait to come see you guys....I guess we should try to get an official date on the calendar soon.
I love the recap of your journey and your pics with mom and dad! I can't wait to be there...only 3.5 more days!
Loved the photos, that second video is great, cant believe you caught the whale coming up. We loved our visit and cant wait to come back.
ERIN!! How are you? I had no idea you moved!! Fun times! We need to catch up sometime.....
Take care!!
Madge :)
Post a Comment