Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bleh blog

Sigh. Do you ever just have one of those days?

The fire alarm truly did go off today for about 5 hours.
And it was way louder than I had imagined.
I spent some time at the coffee shop and then headed back up
around lunchtime.
Only to realize that our laptop was having serious issues...
would not connect to the internet.

Computer issues frustrate me anyway but dealing with that on top
of the fire alarm blasting in my ear....
it was a bad scene.
But maybe that's what it feels like when you have
a newborn screaming in your ear and you feel like you're at your wits end??

I ended up getting a nice Dell man to help me fix the problem over the phone...
It involved a lot of "what's that?" "I don't know...where would it be if I did have one?"
"Uh....what?"
the issue was so minor I'm too embarrased to even tell you.


I got this in the mail today....


My favorite family wrote a book!
I'm doing a little project for a class on Jon & Kate Plus 8 and decided that I
should read the book for "research purposes".
Last week I googled Jon & Kate Plus 8 and I was amazed by
what I found.
I found blogs and articles devoted to proclaiming them unfit parents.

All this stuff about exploitation, greed, lies...

All that aside....I still love the show!
What I am trying to figure out for my project is if people look to Jon & Kate
for parenting advice and wisdom.
I am looking for blogs about the messages moms
take away from the show.

So far all I have found is conspiracy theories.

Tomorrow it is time to get down to business.
Is it over yet?

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Jon and Kate make me think, "surely I can do this with just one". I am also most mortified by the constant noise in their livess. Someone is always crying! I'm afraid if I had all those little people, the one crying would be me!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I LOVE the show too! I never listen to any of the people talking smack about them!