Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nerves and Nachos

So....Thursday and the practicing of my skillzz....

I'd like to say, Oh, it wasn't that bad!
But the truth is....
it wasn't any worse than I had imagined....

We had a skills validation in the morning that I wasn't sure about
and I had a month's worth of apprehension about the evening lab built up....
so needless to say I didn't sleep well the night before and got to school feeling
a little on edge.
I was relieved to find my classmates feeling the same way...

After class we had a quick dinner (looking back, the Mexican food was probably a bad choice)
and drink (did I say drink, I meant drink of water)
and then headed to the inevitable.
We crammed in a tiny waiting room and waited for the professors to call our names
and take us back.
We were waiting with Women's Health NP and Nurse Midwife students
who were way more cool and collected than us....

We were like six graders in sex ed class....
Red-faced, sweating profusely, giggling nervously
and clutching our notecards for dear life.

One of my friends, Megan, was at one point doubled over
with stomach cramps and declared it
"Either nerves or the nachos."

So eventually we each got called back by one of the professors.
Luckily there were about 10 professors so it went quickly.

The professors were great...they knew we were nervous and were very calm,
patient and reassuring.

So...God bless the brave souls who sacrifice their modesty for science.

Actually God bless the women.

The men?
They would probably participate for free.

2 comments:

Team Leslie said...

Yea! Glad you made it!

Amy said...

I love the nachos comment! I'd be nervous too... I'm glad it's past!