Sunday, June 29, 2008

Go team Go!!

Today was the Seafair Half-Marathon and Tejal and Bryant tore it up!

Alas....I was on the sidelines. Last Sunday my knee hurt just walking three miles so convinced that 13.1 miles would truly be the death of me, I (sadly) sat it out.

Yesterday we went to pick up our race packets at the Hilton...and of course I wanted a picture by the Marathon sign...
And still Bryant refuses to humor me and smile for my pictures...he is standing with his hands on his hips, talking to Tejal in this one...Come on Bryant, just try and look happy!!



Next we went to Maggiano's for our little runners to load up on carbs....and load they did! Here is Tejal with her empty spaghetti bowl...she did good!
And Bryant...well, I'm not sure I have ever seen anybody eat that much bread in one sitting. He kept smiling sweetly at the waitress and saying, "More bread please?"


Here are Brian and Sean early this morning, Team Try's personal cheering section!!



At long last here they came up the hill!!!


I love this action shot....we were cheering them on and making a fool of ourselves....this is maybe mile 11.5 and had Bryant even broke a sweat yet? I don't think so....


And then we ran around the block to the end point so we could watch them cross the finish line!!
2 hours and 30 minutes....awesome finish Team Try!!


Here they are showing off their medals....
Wow...Bryant is actually smiling for my picture...
thank you Bryant!!


And here we are....I wish I could have run with them...




Brian is seriously fascinated/ obsessed with the Kenyan runners...so when we saw them relaxing after the race I had to take a picture for him. These guys were so tall and soo skinny!


Brian, Bryant and Sean....out of control!

No comments: