Thursday, June 5, 2008

June what??

Go ahead and pack up my stuff...
put me in an assisted living community because I am OLD....
all I do is talk about the weather!

After a few weeks of warm weather and a few truly outstanding days,
I had almost forgotten about the rain.

On Sunday Tejal and I showed up for our weekly run in our usual running clothes of shorts and t-shirts....it turned out to be, um, a chilly 54 degrees outsides....oopsie...
I mean it was June 1 people and we're from Texas!

Needless to say, we were unprepared (physically, emotionally, spiritually) for the return of the cold, rainy weather...a little warning would have done us good.

And then at work this week I started hearing this phrase...
"Here comes the June gloom..."

So here's a picture of June gloom.....
But Alison (shout out) arrives tomorrow and that will definetly cure my gloomies!!


Team Sundberg is also gloomy because this week Brian's group got put on mandatory 70 hour
work weeks....
June is off to a rough start...

3 comments:

J+C=JA+CV+TA said...

i laughed out loud about the assisted living!
sorry about the June gloom, you could be in Texas and be getting 3rd degree wind burns! is that even possible?!

Anonymous said...

70 hr work weeks? you're kidding right? uh, i hope he gets paid hourly!! have fun with your sister. it was good talking to you this week

jen

Team Leslie said...

what a crap. well i hope sister a lifted your gloomy spirits.