Today we took a trip to Vashon Island for the first time....
and what an experience!
I have always wanted to see the place
with the reputation as being the
beautiful island of the hippies.
and what an experience!
I have always wanted to see the place
with the reputation as being the
beautiful island of the hippies.
And Vashon did not disappoint!!
The views were amazing and well, the locals did
their thing....
While we sat and had lunch we saw a lady with two kids
(and a....boyfriend? not sure about that one) hitch hike....
And a nice couple actually picked them up....
We watched a toddler wander out of the restaurant
and out onto the sidewalk...
We had to point out this minor detail to his parents...
We saw warnings about pets....
It has been hovering around the 90s lately so people
are starting to freak out!!!
and out onto the sidewalk...
We had to point out this minor detail to his parents...
We saw warnings about pets....
It has been hovering around the 90s lately so people
are starting to freak out!!!
And lots of shirtless, shoe-less bikers.
Sweet.
Besides the excellent people watching/ gawking...
we went to Vashon for a good reason.
My friend Megan works at a summer camp for cancer kids
and their siblings on Vashon and they needed
some volunteers.
Sweet.
Besides the excellent people watching/ gawking...
we went to Vashon for a good reason.
My friend Megan works at a summer camp for cancer kids
and their siblings on Vashon and they needed
some volunteers.
With gorgeous views and scenery.
And I mean it's hot here...but not melt the rubber off your
sneakers hot...
sneakers hot...
Bonus: We got cool camp names.
Mine is Sweet Tea.
Brian is Bird Dog.
(I love this one because
I can totally hear the Leslies calling him that!!)
Mine is Sweet Tea.
Brian is Bird Dog.
(I love this one because
I can totally hear the Leslies calling him that!!)
Brian took his job very seriously.
I got to be a health screener.
Yay...no swine flue or head lice.
But there seemed to be an outbreak of dandruff.
Yay...no swine flue or head lice.
But there seemed to be an outbreak of dandruff.

2 comments:
Looks like a scenic location, I dont understand about the hippies, didnt know there still were any out there.
Yea for Sweet Tea & Bird Dog! I love it! How nice of y'all to volunteer too. You can always count on the Bergs.
Post a Comment