Can someone help me out and tell me what in the heck this is??
Because I am not sure what we ate for dinner tonight....
Because I am not sure what we ate for dinner tonight....
I wanted to buy sweet potatoes...but ran into a little problem at the store.
It went down like this...
I reached for what I thought were the sweet potatoes but then realized that the yams and sweet potatoes looked very similar and I really couldn't remember what a sweet potato should look like...
To add to my confusion, I really don't know what a yam is either....
My gut told me to buy the ones on the left...even though they were labeled yams.
But I asked the produce guy and he confirmed that they were labeled correctly and I wanted the ones on the right.
But tonight as soon as I cut into them, I knew something was very wrong...
The inside was not orange like a sweet potato...
So what the heck is this thing????
It went down like this...
I reached for what I thought were the sweet potatoes but then realized that the yams and sweet potatoes looked very similar and I really couldn't remember what a sweet potato should look like...
To add to my confusion, I really don't know what a yam is either....
My gut told me to buy the ones on the left...even though they were labeled yams.
But I asked the produce guy and he confirmed that they were labeled correctly and I wanted the ones on the right.
But tonight as soon as I cut into them, I knew something was very wrong...
The inside was not orange like a sweet potato...
So what the heck is this thing????

4 comments:
I thought yams WERE sweet potatoes...right? I think you just got some messed up yams.
O.k., so they're different....I think you got a yam. http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-23-a.html
Dang yams.
Forget the labels! We live in WA we don't believe in labels!! I stick with the red/orange skinned veggie.-Tejal
Let me know when you figure this one out! I have no idea!
Post a Comment