Saturday, July 19, 2008

Seattle to Portland

Last weekend we headed south to Portland to watch our friend Sean finish an epic bike race....
a 205 mile ride from Seattle to Portland....
He finished in not only one day, but in just over 11 hours....
I am amazed at such a feat!!


Here he is just crossing the finish line....we are proud of you man!



We then made our way to the post-race Beer Garden to celebrate....

At first, I turned down a drink but Bryant insisted saying
"Erin, come on...it's to celebrate our friend Sean...".
Well, I sure was proud of Sean so how could I not?
So I said, pour me a plastic cup full of that cheap merlot and let me toast my friend Sean the bike champ!!

Here is Sean as we toasted his accomplishment....


Here we are....if we look a little tired, it's because we were...
I mean, we had endured a grueling 3 hour air-conditioned car ride to Portland!!


Here's my favorite part of all...
After the race an over-heated Sean took a run through the park fountain...
It was so funny we convinced him to do it again...but he encountered a little obstacle.

Now before you watch this video, I must make this public statement...
As a pediatric healthcare provider I publicly disavow "mowing over" children...
but this was hilarious...


1 comment:

Amy said...

Nathan loves videos, so he enjoyed this. He was wondering if we were going to get to see you guys on it!