Friday, November 14, 2008

Hmmm.....



From time to time I get an email from the University police about
a "criminal incident" on or around campus.
I always open the emails thinking,"Ohhh..." and wondering
if it news that I am not as safe as I thought.
But then always end the email thinking "Really??!! Geez...."

The incidences always occur in the middle of the night at some random spot.
So, note to self, don't walk around alone at 3:30 AM
and get into verbal argument with stranger.
And of all the ones I've gotten, the people are always OK, usually they have
gotten their wallet stolen.
It's really not funny.

Maybe I'm jealous because I'm such a scaredy kat....

So anyway yesterday we got an email about such an incident
that happened on the trail that runs through campus
and it happened mid-afternoon!

So it made me pause because I walk that trail
from time to time to the parking lot.

But I just saw a news story and the guy wasn't exactly on the trail.
He had taken a "short cut" through the wooded area just next to
the trail and he was under this bridge when it happened.
And he got his wallet stolen.

So now I feel a little better because, well I don't think
I'll be trekking through the woods anytime soon.

Oh, I love college students.


P.S. Thank you for the comments about Jon & Kate plus 8....it really helped!

No comments: