Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I've got issues



Issue #1. I can't sleep.

Issue #2. We watched the Bucket List tonight and it was so sad!
Have you seen it?
I cried my eyes out, definetly worth seeing...but I was not prepared
for how sad it is.

Issue #3. So I was researching Jon and Kate Plus 8 online again today
and once again I got totally bogged down in all the conspiracy theories.
I am continually amazed by the gazillions of blogs devoted purely to
these varying theories.
It wore me out, tarnished my view of this fun family....
and I can not find what I am looking for!!

Here is what I want to know and maybe you can help me....
If you watch the show....what do you get out of it??
Do you get insight/ advice on handling parenting issues?

Please, anyone, help!!
If I know you, fabulous, if not, great...
If you've never commented on my blog well make today the day!!

I can not handle another day of conspiracy theories....


3 comments:

Crystal said...

I do like Jon and Kate Plus 8. I watch because it makes me feel like I'm not alone in raising small children. I don't look for parenting tips or advice; I just find it encouraging that my work in raising kids is important and that there are others out there sacrificing for their kids. It reminds me that it's worth the work.
I've read the conspiracies too. It's interesting, and it made me question these family documentaries in ways I hadn't before.

I've had my bouts of insomnia too. Hang in there, girl. It will not last forever!

Anonymous said...

We watch the show too...I don't look for parenting tips, but I go away from it feeling so blessed that I only have ONE child...at a time at least! I don't know what these theories are that you speak of..I'll have to read up on them... but I think they are great parents and doing a great job with what they have. In my opinion, they it's a blessing that they can do this show to make extra money...how else could you support 8 kids?! When I am having a bad "jack" day and feel overwhelmed...I just watch them and think..."I have it SO easy!!" Hope this helps!
jen

Amy said...

I know you didn't ask why people DON'T watch it, but I'll add my two cents in case it helps! I tried to watch it but it kind of stresses me out. My perfectionistic tendencies come out and then I just feel guilty that I can't be more go-with-the-flow like they are, so then I feel defensive and critical. It's just easier to watch an Office re-run. Looks like I have issues too!