Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you had a great day!
We spent the day with my friend and classmate, Allison, who like us
was without family for the holidays...
We were a little nervous about cooking the traditional Thanksgiving
meal for the first time without a Mom or Grandma on hand
for emergency consultations.
But we pulled it off!
was without family for the holidays...
We were a little nervous about cooking the traditional Thanksgiving
meal for the first time without a Mom or Grandma on hand
for emergency consultations.
But we pulled it off!
We started off with some fine boxed wine, of course.
And ended up with three different gravys...
We just weren't sure which one would turn out right...
The McCormick's won the taste test over the homemade gravy, who knew?
We just weren't sure which one would turn out right...
The McCormick's won the taste test over the homemade gravy, who knew?
And we had a nice dinner.
This is us before we dug in.
It was about 4:30pm and yes, it's dark outside.
My least favorite thing about Washington.
The next day I went with Megan and her husband Brick
to cut down their Christmas tree.
I heard her mention that it is one of their Christmas traditions...
to which I said, "What? Can I come?"
This was something I just had to see!
So they let me tag along and it was so much fun.
We made a quick stop for lunch at Taco Time
where they introduced me to the "Mexi-Fries"...
otherwise known as "tater tots".
to cut down their Christmas tree.
I heard her mention that it is one of their Christmas traditions...
to which I said, "What? Can I come?"
This was something I just had to see!
So they let me tag along and it was so much fun.
We made a quick stop for lunch at Taco Time
where they introduced me to the "Mexi-Fries"...
otherwise known as "tater tots".
I miss real Mexican food so bad....
It was a miserable day for tree hunting...cold and rainy.
Brick set off into the woods to scout out the perfect tree...
Meanwhile Megan surveyed the area where we were...
I had no idea there was such an art to finding the right tree.
I had no idea there was such an art to finding the right tree.
The views were absolutely gorgeous...
So he headed back into the woods.
And finally emerged again with tree #2...
And finally emerged again with tree #2...
After much discussion, it was determined that this was their tree!
Megan and Brick were intent on giving me the full and complete
Washington 'cut down your own Christmas tree' experience
so they insisted I re-enact the sawing down part.
Washington 'cut down your own Christmas tree' experience
so they insisted I re-enact the sawing down part.
By then we were wet and cold so we headed home....
I love WA, but I can't wait to be in Texas in just a few short weeks!!

No comments:
Post a Comment