This little girl is giving us a run for our money. Saturday morning at 3am, I told Erin that I would've never imagined that a little 6 lb human could bring 3 grown adults to their knees. But that's just about what she did. Feeding her every 2-3 hours is brutal. But have no fear loyal readers, I think we've finally got a plan to out smart this little dynamo! And tomorrow when this plan fails, we'll come up with another one.
So, Erin noticed that we didn't have any good pictures of her with Paige on the blog. We'll fix that right now.
Here is a 38 week picture of Erin. Apparently Paige didn't have a calender (I stole that line from Erin). A friend of mine told me that I should get used to her not going along with our plans. I figured Kameron would be right, but not this soon.

Here's Erin giving Miss Paige some love. I'm not sure why she's upset....

...but she doesn't seem to cry like that when I give her some love.

So, the doctor told us that Paige needed "tummy time". This is just time she spends on her stomach to help her develop her neck muscles and so that the back of her head doesn't get mishapen. I'm not sure why, but we decided to start that Monday morning at 3am. She didn't like it, but she got some much needed exercise. Some of you migh not believe it, but she was actually able to roll over by herself. Well, technically we provided a backstop for her feet to push off from. But she did it anyway! This is a picture of some more tummy time after her doctor's appointment Monday afternoon. I don't think Mimi believed us that she could turn over, but Paige was able to duplicate this feat.

Here's the proof.

So, we've learned that Paige is not on the "change" bandwagon. This was the first time she was in her swing. She looks calm now, but this was taken about 2 minutes before she started screaming her head off.

This was on the car ride to her second doctor's visit. Again, this was about 10 minutes after she was first placed in the seat. I think by now she's probably tired of her mom using the flash all the time.

Here's the proffesional quality picture I took this afternoon with Erin's iPhone. All the money we spent on her cameras and it took a phone to get one of the best pictures of the bunch. Whatever! Part of our devious plan was to keep her awake more during the day so she would sleep better at night. To accomplish this I put her on her stomach, and usually she hates that. As you can see the plan isn't working like it should. She's very peaceful.

I mentioned the doctor's visit. Erin was a little concerned about the jaundice and her weight loss. When Paige was born she weighed 5 lbs 9 ozs. At our first doctor's visit Friday she weighed 5 lbs 3 ozs. This is perfectly normal, but that doesn't stop mothers from worrying. They say babies can typically lose 7-10% of their body weight in the first week, and then they gain it back. Paige lost 6-7%, so she was definitely normal. Today she gained 3.5 ozs back, and her jaundice was looking better. Those are great signs. She's progressing nicely, everybody's happy.
One final note. A couple friends of ours are expecting new babies in the next couple weeks and we want to wish them luck. So, Travis and Amy, and Kameron and Christy, good luck and keep us posted.
So, Erin noticed that we didn't have any good pictures of her with Paige on the blog. We'll fix that right now.
Here is a 38 week picture of Erin. Apparently Paige didn't have a calender (I stole that line from Erin). A friend of mine told me that I should get used to her not going along with our plans. I figured Kameron would be right, but not this soon.
Here's Erin giving Miss Paige some love. I'm not sure why she's upset....
...but she doesn't seem to cry like that when I give her some love.
So, the doctor told us that Paige needed "tummy time". This is just time she spends on her stomach to help her develop her neck muscles and so that the back of her head doesn't get mishapen. I'm not sure why, but we decided to start that Monday morning at 3am. She didn't like it, but she got some much needed exercise. Some of you migh not believe it, but she was actually able to roll over by herself. Well, technically we provided a backstop for her feet to push off from. But she did it anyway! This is a picture of some more tummy time after her doctor's appointment Monday afternoon. I don't think Mimi believed us that she could turn over, but Paige was able to duplicate this feat.
Here's the proof.
So, we've learned that Paige is not on the "change" bandwagon. This was the first time she was in her swing. She looks calm now, but this was taken about 2 minutes before she started screaming her head off.
This was on the car ride to her second doctor's visit. Again, this was about 10 minutes after she was first placed in the seat. I think by now she's probably tired of her mom using the flash all the time.
Here's the proffesional quality picture I took this afternoon with Erin's iPhone. All the money we spent on her cameras and it took a phone to get one of the best pictures of the bunch. Whatever! Part of our devious plan was to keep her awake more during the day so she would sleep better at night. To accomplish this I put her on her stomach, and usually she hates that. As you can see the plan isn't working like it should. She's very peaceful.

I mentioned the doctor's visit. Erin was a little concerned about the jaundice and her weight loss. When Paige was born she weighed 5 lbs 9 ozs. At our first doctor's visit Friday she weighed 5 lbs 3 ozs. This is perfectly normal, but that doesn't stop mothers from worrying. They say babies can typically lose 7-10% of their body weight in the first week, and then they gain it back. Paige lost 6-7%, so she was definitely normal. Today she gained 3.5 ozs back, and her jaundice was looking better. Those are great signs. She's progressing nicely, everybody's happy.
One final note. A couple friends of ours are expecting new babies in the next couple weeks and we want to wish them luck. So, Travis and Amy, and Kameron and Christy, good luck and keep us posted.

3 comments:
Brian - don't tell Erin this, but if for some reason you ever had to take over the blog writing forever that would be o.k. I think. You are a great blogger! Mostly, I'm just so thankful that you are taking the time to update us with the "latest"...even amidst your exhaustion and business. And, you're funny too:)
Nothing like a good laugh to keep you (& your wife) encouraged at times like these!
p.s. Tell Paige her friend Hannah rolled over when she was 4 weeks - those angry babies will do anything for attention:)
I meant busyness....but that spelling always looks funny to me.
B - I agree with Natalie, you are an awesome blogger! I love hearing about baby Paige from your perspective. And you crack me up! Your blogging definitely makes me laugh out loud! Paige just looks so sweet and innocent in that last picture. Who could imagine that she is actually plotting ways to escape from her swaddling or keep you and E up all night!
Post a Comment