Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Paige Catherine Sundberg

The newest member of the Sundberg family arrived on August 3rd, 2010, at 10:35 am. Here's the dimensions:
5 lbs 9 ozs
18 - 3/4" long

She is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. I'm conviced she's already got some personality, she definitely knows how to get what she wants out of me (more on that later).

So, at 10:35am, Paige said hello to the world and she was PISSED! The doctor quickly put her on Erin's chest (don't worry, all pictures will be PG rated at Erin's insistence - I'm definitely not going to argue with her on that!). Here's her first kiss:


After she came thru the tunnel and had a chat with mom, there was the prefight weigh-in:

Here's the actual weigh-in. 5 lbs 9 ozs. She's still not very happy at this point.

So, after Erin got her turn and all the measurements were taken, I got my first real visit with Paige. She was swaddled and calm, and was ready to check out her surroundings. She opened up both eyes and took a good long look at me. It was a neat experience. (note: this was right before they put the drops in her eyes). This is what I was talking about earlier. How could I ever say no to those eyes?
Then it was time to do footprints. She didn't enjoy this either.



She's calm again. I think she's under the heat lamp at this point.
This is another relaxing picture. You might notice that she doesn't have a diaper on anymore. I may or may not have gotten a couple of this pictures out of order, I'm not really sure. It's been a LONG couple days.

Pat (Mimi) and I are checking her out under the heat lamp. I think I was pointing at the little peach fuzz all over her. They hadn't washed her yet, just wiped her down. The official washing came the next day.

Here's another similar picture. I think Erin was taking these from her bed. What a trooper, she went thru a lot and she's still looking for the perfect photo op.



The nurse put her shirt on. I'm glad she did b/c it is quite difficult. She's not like a doll, she moves! Then she showed me how to put on a diaper. I think since I did the first, Erin can get the rest. Maybe I'll try to get that in writing now, but I'm not hopeful this will work.
I'm learning how to swaddle. Babies LOVE this when they're first born. It took me awhile to wrap her tight enough. If it's not super tight, she just wiggles out of it and cries (she's pretty strong already). But if you get her really bundled up well she'll settle right down. Oh, I forgot to mention that she hates having her clothes taken off.
And here's one of her Grandma's. Her new name is Mimi. She arrived about 30 minutes after Paige was born and was a ton of help. While I shadowed Paige, she helped take care of Erin. Don't be jealous Grandma Sundberg, you'll get your chance in a month or so.

This is a video of when they checked Paige's glucose level. They have to prick her foot and test the blood. This has been done 3 times now. Oddly, she has hated it every time.




One last word on Erin. She's still in a decent amount of discomfort, but she'll do fine. She did great this whole time, she was so brave. I can't tell you how proud I am of her. She dealt with a lot these last nine months, but never complained. She fought thru it all and now we have a beautiful daughter. I love them both very much.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Brought tears to my eyes seeing you with your new baby girl!! She is so perfect! So happy for you guys. And, B, keep up the good work blogging and posting pics!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Congratulations!! Jenny

Christy said...

yea!!!! She is just perfect:) Brian, keep it up with that swaddling. Kameron made it his mission to get the "perfect" swaddle! Enjoy her! we cannt wait to meet her when you are in Texas!

Sarah said...

She is beautiful!!! Big congrats to you and Erin. thanks for sharing all the sweet pictures. She is a lucky girl to have y'all as her parents.

Desiree B. said...

So So happy for you guys,she is absolutly adorable!! thank Brian for updating the blog, I have been checking like every hour for two days now:)He did a great job. Hope your recovery is good, Congrats and xoxo to that baby!!!!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations from the Hawks!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing lil' Paige in September. Oh, yeah and of course the two of you. Jeff and Michelle

Katherine said...

Yea, Paige is here! Congratulations to both of you. She is gorgeous! None of you will ever be the same. Awesome job with the 21.5 hour induction, Erin - those are sooo much fun! ;-) Take care and enjoy every minute with Paige.

Team Leslie said...

Praise the Lord for a beautiful baby girl; we can't wait to meet her! Perfect, indeed. Great post Brian. Love y'all, nat & family
p.s. Hannah says hi to her new best buddy.

debbers said...

Congratulations Sundberg Trio. She's BEAUTIFUL!!! She has my cheeks, but where did this supposed attitute come from that B talks abt? Although, two mellow people might equal "Princess". Love and God's Blessings from Texas.
gardiner