We went back to nurse's office on Monday. Sorry, no poop stories this time. I was pretty disappointed, but life goes on. More importantly though Paige weighed in at 5 lbs 11 ozs. That's right, she's past her birth weight! This is very important because now we don't necessarily have to keep shoving food down her gullet every 2-3 hours. We still need to feed her pretty often so she keeps gaining weight, but we can let her sleep a little bit longer if she wants to..........at least that was our plan.
Unfortunately, she's become a fussy sleeper. The first thing she likes to do is to break out of her swaddle (more on that later). Then she stretches frequently and makes a lot of noises which doesn't make it very easy for us to sleep. I took the following series of pictures to show everybody her different "moods" while she sleeps. She's sleeping in her swing, and since it's been warm the last few days we didn't bother to swaddle her.
In this first one she's just chillin'...

Looks like she trying to fart...

I think she's about to backhand somebody...

Aw, she's wiping away a tear...

She's definitely farting....

Here's an example of our little Houdini, she's gotten pretty strong. We've lost our mojo when it comes to swaddling. Unless you swaddle her very tightly (and Erin actually ties the ends together, which helps a little), she'll break out of her bondage in less than 5 minutes. This morning my swaddle lasted over 2 hours, and Erin's latest swaddle has now lasted 2 hours and counting. I consider that a victory. Erin did the swaddle below. It was very tight and she tied the ends to tighten even more. Here's the first stage...

After she gets one hand out, she likes to mock us by declaring victory. Don't worry readers, Erin and I won't give up.

This picture is funny because it looks like she's ready to smack anybody in the mouth who dares to wake her up. I guess she's already honing her fight or flight reflex.

These last two pictures are for the grandparents. Paige's eyes are open and in the first you can see her little hand hanging on to my thumb.


We've had a request for some pictures of Paige's room. Erin graciously volunteered to do that in the next post so I wouldn't have to describe the "cute" dust ruffle.

5 comments:
My grandchild does not fart!
Once again a top-notch post! Brian, your fans love you out here! Paigie-poo, My new nick-name is apparently fitting. Erin, can't wait to see nursery pix!
I cant decide who is funnier, you or Erin! Ah how I miss you guys, Paige is going to LOVE having you guys as parents! Anyways tell Erin to hang in there, you do get used to the lack of sleep, but I must say Im very forgetful these days because of it! Kade who is 3.5 months still wakes up at 4am to eat! Cant seem to be one of those lucky parents whos babies sleep through the night. Anyways you guys should give up on the blaket swaddle and get a swaddle wrap or a sleep sack, do you have either one: heres some links:
https://www.halosleep.com
http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_swad.php
I think I gave Erin a swaddler.....try it!!
jen
I love the photos of all her moods. Hilarious that she does all those different things in her sleep. My favorite is definitely the fist pump in the air after escaping from the swaddling. She is definitely mocking you - ha!
Post a Comment