Friday, August 6, 2010

Project Paige: Day 3

Well, so far we've been home 2 nights now and everybody is still alive! We were discharged from the hospital Wednesday evening after a small amount of drama. We've had a little trouble at feeding time (I'll stop there, I'm sure the women will know what I'm talking about), but that has progressively gotten better. Paige is not the biggest eater in the world, but I'm told that will get better. After all, she's only 3 days old!

Here's a pictre of a very tired family right before going home.

I was told by a friend that Paige would probably like being in the car seat and fall right to sleep. Well Kurt, you were wrong! You know that old saying that babies only do three things: eat, sleep, and poop? That's not the full list. Eat, sleep, poop, and get PISSED. Paige did not like the car seat right away.

Eventually, she cried herself out and fell asleep (about 1 minute before we left the hospital room). It was good timing b/c I didn't want to be "that guy" walking thru the halls with his baby screaming her head off. She waited to cry again until we were about 10 minutes away from home. Apparently not every baby loves car rides. I'm hoping that will change.

Here is a little prospective for everybody on how small Paige is. Her whole hand is about the size of the end of Mimi's finger. She's much cuter when she's sleeping!


I never get tired of seeing those big blue eyes.



Another sleeping picture. This time she's on her boppy pillow.



And now she's crying on her boppy pillow.



And she's back to sleep on her boppie pillow. Looks like she's got an itch.


That concludes day 2.


Day 3 was a big one because it was her first doctor's visit. This is Erin and I trying to put on a "cute" outfit that's probably 1 or 2 sizes too big for her.



And we're struggling with the car seat again. Paige is definitely getting stronger, which makes it harder to move her around and get her buckled in. And it's especially hard when she's angry.



Thankfully she calmed down fairly quickly, probably because she was tired. I don't know if you can see it, but she's looking up at me with those eyes again.

This is us at the doctor's office for the post fight weigh-in. She still doesn't like to have her swaddle taken away.

So, the conclusion from the doctor (with the help of blood tests) is that she's a little jaundice. If you don't know what that is, well, look it up. I'm not Wikipedia. This is very common and thankfully it's fairly minor. We just need to stay on the feeding. Since it's Friday, we're going to follow up with the doctor again on Monday. We didn't see the original doctor Erin picked out because she doesn't work on Friday's, but I think we're going to stick with this new doctor. We liked her a lot and she gave us a lot of good information.

Thus concludes day 3 in the life of Paige Sundberg.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE reading your posts, B!!! It is so fun to 'watch' you and E go through all the new stuff with Miss Paige! Remember...all your friends who are now "PROS" at being parents (ha!) have been in the EXACT same place you guys are in!! It's fun to read your blog and remember those experiences we had when Jack was born!! Please keep posting and sharing pics!! Love to see your beautiful fam!!!

Team Leslie said...

Hi Berg family of 3!! Brian, I am loving your posts and so thankful that you are writing and providing us w/ pictures and info. Praise for you:) Things will hopefully get easier everyday - you can trust me even though my husband tells you lies.

Anonymous said...

She is so itty bitty! And those doll lips...adorable! Michelle

Alison said...

B - I'm glad you found a "cute" outfit for Paige...a girl has got to be fashionable you know! I can't believe how tiny she looks in the car seat. And I love her many expressions! You guys are doing an amazing job even though I know the first days are so hard! So proud of you and E! Keep up the awesome blogging!