Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baby S.O.S.

Welcome back fans. At the end of last post I told you that Erin would be updating the blog with some pictures of the nursery. Well, the pictures have been taken but Erin hasn't had time to upload them yet, mostly because Paige has been a handful lately. But more on that later. Don't worry though, Erin's doing fine and she claims that she will be able to take over the blog again soon.

That leads me to my first topic because she said when she takes over again there will be "no more fart posts". That hurts because I'm much deeper than just fart jokes.......but I can't resist this one. She looks like she can smell herself, I title this picture "Peeeewwwweeeeyyyy":
Ok, that's it, I had to get that one out of my system.

Well, Paige's lungs are certainly developing! In fact, some of you have probably heard her calling out for help. It frequently happens at 3am. Erin calls it baby S.O.S.

Right after my last post Erin got the Miracle Blanket. Our swaddling problems are over! It's a little difficult to get her in it, but there's no getting out once she's in. Erin calls it a baby straight jacket. We swaddle her up really quickly now because I think she knows what's about to happen......and she gears up for a fight! Here's a picture of the blanket, when she's sleeping soundly for once.

This is just a picture to show you how tiny she still is. She likes to hold my hand when she sleeps, it calms her down.

Quiet down out there!!!!!!

I took this with my phone Saturday afternoon when I was trying to get her to go to sleep. The whole process probably took 45 minutes. She was only cute the last 5.


And this just happened. We've been telling people how she can roll herself over for the past couple weeks. But now I've finally got video proof of it!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the video. We've got some video kinda like that of our youngest. It's funny to me now because we'll just be filming her struggle and cry and talking to her like normal. I wonder if she'll see those some day and say, "Hey, why is no one helping me? I'm crying and y'all just think 'Let's get the camera?"

Paige is a rockstar!!!

Crystal Summers

Michelle Sundberg said...

Wow! She's so strong! I'm thinking maybe karate is in her future. :) It was so cute how when she rolled over she seemed so surprised and almost happy. Maybe she likes her back better than her tummy.

Jodi said...

That's insane! I didn't believe it until I saw it! Way to go, Paige! Glad you called the other day...hope things are looking up. You're doing great, hang in there!