Monday, September 8, 2008

The change train

I've got politics on the brain...

Last night a strange thing happened....Brian and I both had insomnia...
Our individual insomnias have never occurred on the same night before....
And we ended up on YouTube watching political videos.

It all started with my cousin Clayton's blog
that had links to some interesting political articles and before we knew it we were
entranced with the gazillion videos on You Tube.

I won't get into politics here....

But I just want to tell you my thoughts on change....

Brian and I like to joke about the talk about change

When we were packing up to move to Seattle,
all the political talk was getting fired up and everyone was talking about change!!!.

And for some reason it hit Brian and I as hilarious when we heard McCain say,
"I love change!"

Because politics aside, let's talk about change in general.
Does anyone really like change?

I can honestly say that I am one of those people that
says I like change but when change actually comes I hate it and get all stressed out.

And when it came to our Seattle move, that was just the case.

I was gung-ho on the idea from the moment that Brian first brought it up.

But when it actually came time to pack up our things, say goodbye to family and friends
and MOVE....
well, it was not a pretty sight.
There were tears and lots of fears.
I was excited deep down but on the surface I was freaked out about it all.

So in the course of our move/ gigantic life upheaval Brian and I's motto was

"I LOVE change!!"

I think what I have learned about change is that, when it is all said and done,
change can be a great thing.
But the process of change is really hard.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Never better said. I am totally with you on this one. Oscar and I are always making some kind of life-changing decision that always results in a positive but the process is never easy.

It was so nice to see a comment of yours on my blog :) I have been reading yours ever since Alison did a post on your blog makeover and got hooked! Your positive perspective on life is so inspiring and I love how much personality comes across in your posts. Even if I don´t always leave comments, I am a frequent reader :)