Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's up Wasabi?

I just have to do a little reminiscing....
So tonight we went to this place downtown called Wasabi Bistro for dinner...
Two great, fun friends are leaving Seattle...
It seems that people like to do that....it's like Seattle is often just
a stepping stone in people's journey.

Well, this Wasabi Bistro is Sean's favorite place and on our very first
visit to Seattle 8 months ago, he took us there...
Tejal is going to kill me for posting this pic but I just had to...
It says so much.
Here we are sipping our apple martinis after a long day
of apartment searching.
We were exhausted...and cold.
I love how we have our coats on in the restaurant
(I just noticed that the girl behind us has on a tank top!).

I'm pretty sure I didn't take that coat off at all during
that visit to Seattle....it was so darn cold!!
We left Seattle the next day and flew home to begin
our journey into the unknown....






Even though this place is known for its sushi, I opted for the chicken.
You see...
the last time (Ok, the only time) I tried sushi....
I ended up with a gigantic wad of raw eel and crabmeat in my mouth
and I was not too pleased.
So I put off a redo of the sushi for another night.




We ended up sitting next to a guy named Marcus, from Sweden.

By far my favorite moment of the evening
was when Brian tried out his Swedish on the guy.

You see, Brian (who has Swedish roots)
is always saying that his grandparents taught him a
Swedish little saying when he was growing up.
So he says this mess of sounds and then tells me that it means,
"The boy on the roof tore his pants on a nail."

Well, Brian said his little saying to our new Swedish friend Marcus....
who said, "WHAT??? The boy has toys in his pants?"

Oh, my Swedish husband.....you make me laugh so much.

7 comments:

Dani Smith said...

Haha! The boy has toys in his pants. That's awesome.

Team Leslie said...

Oh, Brian. Silly, silly man.

Alison said...

As always Brian has unintentionally provided awesome comic relief! I feel so out of the loop...who's leaving Seattle?

Katie said...

I LOL'ed!!! Toys in his pants! That is TOO FUNNY. :-) I love your great stories!

As a sushi-lover, I feel you should give it another chance. Granted, some people are just not meant to love sushi. But I tend to be fairly successful at converting people! So my suggestion is, next time you go, try a tempura-battered and fried variety. They are SO YUMMY, and that fish is cooked!

Pat said...

Who's leaving Seattle?

Jodi said...

What? You mean Brian's not fluent in Swedish? You're kidding!

Team Leslie said...

oh where oh where is team sundberg. what's up w/ no posts in the last month??! we're missing you:(