Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike, you suck.



So it's been a long week...how has your week been?

Well, IKE put the kabosh on the Leslie's visit.
Boo IKE!
So the Leslie's are hunkered down in Houston and we are thinking of you tonight!
Wishing you were here...but mostly hoping you are doing well.

I've been sad this week about the loss of Brendon...
I feel like I'm sorting through things in my heart and mind,
definetly not "making sense of it" because I don't think I will ever make sense
of childhood suffering.
And not really 'finding meaning in it' because I don't think
that meaning is for me to assign...
But just sorting through things.


I've been very nervous this week about my class today.
It was a renewal course for my Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
and I have been a nervous wreck.
The written test didn't stress me out as much as the
clinical scenarios and I was so worried about being put on the spot
with people I didn't know.

I've been studying for weeks and it paid off today because
it all went really smoothly.
And I got to use the Sim Baby!

I had just gotten an alumni magazine that had an article about
my nursing school getting these special Sim patient simulators...and while
I realized they were cool.....I was like, "eh, what's the big deal?"

But WOW! That Sim Baby is cool...
It breathes, has a pulse you can feel
and has vital signs that correspond to the interventions you do, all controlled
by a person at the computer.
So very cool.
It was so real that it prepared me for a patient emergency situation more
than any training ever has.

Since the Leslie's aren't coming we decided to go to Victoria this weekend...
I'm about to get older and I'm not sure how to feel about it....

1 comment:

Team Leslie said...

definitely wish could have been there with you!! So glad your class went well (you genius nurse) and hope y'all had a wonderful trip to Victoria! Happy b-day!!!!