This week marks the end of my assignment at the hospital....
And while it does seem weird that 26 weeks have come and gone,
If I stop to really think about it....yup, it has definetly been 26 weeks.
As is often the case with endings, this week is bittersweet....
Actually it's about 90% sweet and 10% bitter.
Bitter only because the end of this assignment also means that my friend
Desiree is leaving.
For awhile she and her husband had decided to stay in Seattle until Baby Beppler was born in the
spring....even though I wasn't going to see her at work anymore I was ecstatic
that they would still be nearby.
And then they decided that they wanted to be near family
and decided to head back to Virginia.
Yeah for them, sad for me.
In the past weeks I have been soaking up my Desiree time but the end has come.
When I found out she was leaving I started singing,
"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone....
And she's always gone too long..."
I sang it so much that Brian dubbed it,
Ballad of Desiree.....
And now...it seems that the Ballard of Desiree was prophetic....
The past week has been cloudy, rainy and a little cool.
I have heard mumblings of "looks like summer is over"...
So...turns out there really is no sunshine when Desiree is gone!
But there is sunshine in Texas!
And starting Friday I plan to soak it up...
I am taking my lily white self to the Lone Star State
where I have every intention of sizzling in the summer heat.....

2 comments:
Endings are always sad. Have a blast in Texas, but save some fun times for kurt & me. We'll see you guys real soon!!! yipee!
I liked the 90% sweet, 10% bitter comment... When I left teaching, I told a lot of students that it was "bittersweet." I kept the percentages to myself...
Post a Comment