Monday, August 11, 2008

A word about snacks.....



I haven't posted in a few days because, well, I've been sleeping.
I worked three in a row last week which gave me a nice long weekend off
and for that I am very thankful.
However, it took me a full three days of sleeping and Lifetime-movie-watching to recover.

And what can I say?
Two of my top needs in life are sleep and well, snacks.

When we left Texas, some friends loaded me up with snacks for our road trip....
Apparently when they think of me, they think snacks!

In nursing school Jenny refused to sit by me on test days because the crackle crackle of my snack packages distracted her....and annoyed her to death!

And just for the record, I didn't share any of the below loot with B!
Ok, maybe I gave him a piece of gum...


So here are a few of my favorite snacks these days....
I have been eating the Smores Luna bar for about the past 6 months and it is yummy!
But after at least one of those a day for six months, I have grown tired of them.
So now my new favorite flavor is the vanilla almond....
So good!



Brian is addicted to these LARABARs...
They are dairy-free, gluten-free, soy free...
But they do have nuts so they aren't totally allergy free...
Try one!



And I just found these chocolate covered pretzel 100 Calorie Packs...
they are delicious!
Not health food, but so good!




What is your favorite snack?
I am always in search of new snacks!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had forgotten how much you used to annoy me!! Ha!! Those bars look yummy...what's the calorie/fat content lookin like? Anyway, my favorite snack is as always brownies....not really a snack I guess, but still my favorite treat! We bought a food dehydrator recently and have been drying out apples and peaches....yummy!! (and much cheaper than buying them at the store) I love reading your blog and seeing what's new in E's life!!

missin you!
j

Amy said...

Okay, you are going to have to listen to mine and Nathan's favorite new kid CD - it's Barenaked Ladies and it's called "Snacktime." There are three songs right in the middle all about snacks. The whole CD is super catchy and fun. There's one snack song where all these people say, "Hi, I'm so and so and my favorite snack is ____." I don't know why they didn't contact the greatest snacker of all time for the recording!

Team Leslie said...

I'm just a good 'ol peanut butter & crackers (wheat thins actually) girl. Those are the best things ever!!! But you actually have to make them - & they don't come in snack packs...so....
i LOVE your new blog design! love it!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

My sister, Tiffani, was just telling me the other day about how good those pretzels are! They will be on my grocery list this week!