We had a great weekend in Portland....
It was so good to see Dani, Matt and their girls.
Dani and I lived together my senior year at Baylor...
and she helped me sort through some tough times....
she will always have a special place in my heart.
Her parents welcomed us into their home and we got to spend some time "hanging out" and exploring Portland just a little.
Shortly after we got to their house, someone mentioned the Slip N Slide...
and then the girls begged me to put on my swimsuit and try it out with them.
At least that is how I remember it.
It is possible that someone said "Slip N Slide" and I volunteered
the fact that I had brought my suit and could I please slide too....
Here I am, horrified to discover that it is much more difficult
to propel my adult body weight down the slide than it was as a child...
there was alot of "bottoming out"....
to propel my adult body weight down the slide than it was as a child...
there was alot of "bottoming out"....
But then I discovered that
belly sliding works so much better...
belly sliding works so much better...
Just had to include this pic to prove that I wasn't
the only adult enjoying the Slip N Slide...
Dani's dad was pretty darn good at it.
the only adult enjoying the Slip N Slide...
Dani's dad was pretty darn good at it.
I know we used to Slip N Slide when we were kids...
but I don't think we ever had a sweet grassy hill like this...
It was Slip N Slide perfection!
Well, except for the sidewalk at the end of the slide....
Hence the adult spotter at the end.....
but I don't think we ever had a sweet grassy hill like this...
It was Slip N Slide perfection!
Well, except for the sidewalk at the end of the slide....
Hence the adult spotter at the end.....
I tried sliding down with A on my lap but once again, it involved more "bottoming out" than sliding but we found that this worked awesome!!
And we had lunch with the gang before we headed out Sunday afternoon...
Here is Dani with two of her girls...
Dani and Matt's girls are so sweet...
energetic and fun but with such good manners....
Dani and Matt's girls are so sweet...
energetic and fun but with such good manners....
I told A that Brian and I don't have any kids yet....
To which she replied, "Well, when are you going to get one?"
I told her maybe in a year or two.
And she responded, "Well, you should just ask God if you can have one."
Good point sweet girl!

4 comments:
What a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you got to spend time with such a special friend. I love the photos of Dani's girls - they are adorable, little mini-Dani's! Those slip and slide photos are priceless. I love Matt as the adult spotter!
That's my girl, who else would have just happened to bring their bathing suit along, such a child at heart. Sounds like you had a great visit with Dani in Portland. Who would have ever thought you would visit her at her home in Oregon.
You are the coolest friend! :) My girls sure think so, too! A told me today that she will grow up and move to Seattle just like Erin. I think you made quite an impression. We had a blast and can't wait to visit again soon!
hi friend! tag you're it! :)
Post a Comment