Friday, August 8, 2008

Not ready for change



Just when I was convinced that we live in a liberated society....
And that we're all ready for change baby!
I call Fidelity.

And learn that to roll over my 401K into another company's IRA,
(which as you can imagine is about as fun as watching grass grow)
the form has to be co-signed by my spouse.
And his signature, but not mine, has to be witnessed by a notary.

I'm confused....they don't care if I am who I say I am...
but I sure as heck better not have somebody just pretending to be my husband....

And secondly, is it still 1950????




1 comment:

Amy said...

This is just a general comment: I somehow missed a bunch of posts! I check probably once a day and today Trav had your blog up on our new fancy shmancy laptop and I was like, "What are all those new posts?!" When I came back to my bookmark, I had to hit refresh and there they all appeared... Odd. So here goes: Those Whistler pictures are beautiful! Bummer about the cavities. (I have one almost every other time I go despite my typical by-the-book nightly flossing routine...) And the rollover thing is bizarre! I think it's time to update some protocol...