Thursday, March 6, 2008

A funny thing happened today....

This feels like an extra long week...I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.
Well...a few things happened today.

Blame it on Alison but last night was a...
Blog-fest! Blog-x-plosion!
Al sent me the link to an old friend's blog which led to reading blogs of other old friends until way past my bedtime...
Forgot to set my alarm this morning...I had to be there at 06:30 so I had intended to set it for 04:30 but in a sleepy haze last night totally forgot.
However, apparently B is my own personal human alarm clock because he woke up at 04:30 on the dot and told me to GET UP!! Then he even served as my snooze button when I zonked back out again...he punched me at 05:00 and said, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE UP ALREADY.....SO GET UP!!!

Couldn't find my parking lot this morning...sat in empty lot with no shutter in site for a few minutes before I decided to abandon that and go to the farther lot where I knew for sure I would get picked up....but now I think I can find it tomorrow.

Had a revelation...
They call the parking lot where I am assigned to park the "Church" parking lot...and for two days I have searched for it in vain! I kept driving down the street and looking for...you know, a church, a steeple, the usual stuff.
I was expecting a huge Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran...I don't know but a big church! I laughed out loud this morning when I saw what it actually is.....
The Center for Spiritual Living !!!
I realized that I am no longer in the Bible belt of Texas...back home they wouldn't call that the church parking lot...they would say "the lot by that hippie commune" !!

Then later in the day my preceptor asked me if we had found a church home yet....
Whoa!! That took me back to my Bible belt days!!
I thought it was a really random question and one I haven't been asked since my Baylor days and for sure not since we moved here....
But then I realized that she had asked beforehand where I went to nursing school and when I said Baylor she was quick to say....oh, that's a Christian school, right??
I guess that sealed the deal for her that I , too, was a Christian and she then proceeded to tell me that she is one of the few Christians here and that this is a liberal, un-churched state!!

I really hate it when people assume things (right or not) and it annoyed me to no end that just because I went to a Christian school she felt free to go off on her religious and political views assuming that I agreed 100%....

Work today was not quite so busy but still remains wheels-off chaos....

I found a new route home that bypassed the dreaded 520 bridge and rush hour traffic....I made it home in 45 minutes and the drive was nice...
As soon as I got home I got a phone call from our Texas neighbors, the Halmes, and I got to talk to my old buddy Chase.....
He wanted to tell me that he is watching our house and that there was snow on the grass at our house, and that he had built a snowman using some of our snow....
He also wanted to tell me that he is coming to Seattle to visit his cousins in April and he wants to come see us!!! Oh, I miss his visits....and the constant, "Hey, you know what??"

And then, we got a phone call that Brian's credit card was used in New York and Mexico today....
how fabu-lous!!
Luckily I signed up for an identity theft program a few weeks ago...
I did it because the Discover card guy informed me that Washington is #3 in the US for identity theft....it spooked me to hear that but afterwards I said to myself,
You know what? Take that with a grain of salt because he was trying to sell you a product.
But now I'm glad I signed up.
Although when I called the help line and explained to the woman what we had just learned her response was,
"Oh my gosh!! How scary!!"
Not really the reaction I was hoping for but apparently they don't pay her to be cool and calm.

Ok, that's all for tonight....my brain is on overload and I am ever so tired....
Comments, anyone??

1 comment:

Team Leslie said...

I have a comment, I have a comment. Y'all crack me up. Thanks for your wheels-off stories.
Erin, will call you this weekend to catch up. Big hugs to the bergs!