Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wheels Off

I wanna go back to being bored...
After 4 hours of computer training...we got bused back over to the hospital to work some hours on the unit. Our badges don't work on any of the secure access doors so we had to follow people around until they were going our way....we even asked a guy walking past if his badge worked on the women's locker room....the answer was no but at least we tried!

And then we jumped into trying to learn "how they do things here"....
to which the answer is pure chaos....nonstop wheels-off pure chaos.....

Then again, maybe someday it will all make perfect sense...sometimes when you're new to a place everything seems like chaos when really there is good order to it all...
I sure hope so because otherwise this is going to wear me out....

I met a two year old boy today who spoke German and English...
And a 17 month old who tried to rip my badge off my neck and then proceeded to sneeze on me....

The best part of the day was my drive to work....traffic was light and the view of the lake was gorgeous. I have to drive west on the 520 floating bridge which crosses the southern end of Lake Washington. I've heard it can be a nightmare with traffic but in the early morning when the water is as smooth as glass and the sun is just rising...it is so serene....

It is a little hard to see in this size of picture but if you click on it you can see the details so much better!

No comments: