I don't even have a good excuse for not posting in a week....I just wasn't doing anything last week and then the end of the week got busy and well here we are!!
Today was my first day to be, once again, gainfully employed!! I have been out of work for about a month now and while it was fun at times....I can honestly say that I was really glad to go back to work. I was getting antsy!!
So I am really glad that my license came in on time and I was able to start today....and it really worked out well because there are three other traveler nurses in my same unit and we all started today! The other girls seemed really nice and two of them have been traveling for several years so they have lots of tips for making this work smoothly.
Just a few things about today....
The badge lady....what a pleasant surprise!!
We called the lady at Cooks the badge Nazi because if it wasn't the third Tuesday of the month between two and four she simply refused to make you a badge...even if she was just sitting there not doing anything else, if it was not one of the posted days and times for badge making - you were out of luck!!
This lady was as nice as could be....wearing a t-shirt that read, I LOVE CARPOOLING!!
I love these Seattle-ites...
And a note on carpooling....
They recommend/ highly encourage you to do anything but drive to work...walk, bike, bus, vanpool...whatever it takes.
Therefore I am committing the worst sin of all....not only driving but driving ALONE...which means that I am banished to a parking lot that is described as "uh, down the street, about a mile, take a left...."
But overall it was a good first day....
Thanks for reading.....
Today was my first day to be, once again, gainfully employed!! I have been out of work for about a month now and while it was fun at times....I can honestly say that I was really glad to go back to work. I was getting antsy!!
So I am really glad that my license came in on time and I was able to start today....and it really worked out well because there are three other traveler nurses in my same unit and we all started today! The other girls seemed really nice and two of them have been traveling for several years so they have lots of tips for making this work smoothly.
Just a few things about today....
The badge lady....what a pleasant surprise!!
We called the lady at Cooks the badge Nazi because if it wasn't the third Tuesday of the month between two and four she simply refused to make you a badge...even if she was just sitting there not doing anything else, if it was not one of the posted days and times for badge making - you were out of luck!!
This lady was as nice as could be....wearing a t-shirt that read, I LOVE CARPOOLING!!
I love these Seattle-ites...
And a note on carpooling....
They recommend/ highly encourage you to do anything but drive to work...walk, bike, bus, vanpool...whatever it takes.
Therefore I am committing the worst sin of all....not only driving but driving ALONE...which means that I am banished to a parking lot that is described as "uh, down the street, about a mile, take a left...."
But overall it was a good first day....
Thanks for reading.....

2 comments:
Don't tell them you drive an SUV! Maybe we can get you a "hybrid" sticker to slap on the back of the Pilot!
Post a Comment