Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Friday

Every day as I drive home I pass this adorable house....and it has a FOR SALE sign out front! It's on a quiet little street that leads down to the lake and I just love the style and color of the house, not to mention the big front porch.
So today I decided to stop and investigate...I picked up a brochure and it's only $829,000...you think Brian will go for it???



Tejal joined us last night for our second celebration of Washington Wine Month at Brix Wine Bar...what fun! This time we skipped the fake BBQ sandwich and all got the Mushshroom Glaze Chicken...it was very good but just quite...dainty.
You know that Citicard commercial where the couple is so excited to get into the exclusive restaurant and then when the food comes it's so...tiny..and the guy says "It looks like elf food."
Well, it was sort of like that...the food was good but it was pretty much an appetizer for Brian.

Tejal and I ordered a brownie with coffee ice cream on top...we were expecting a Texas size portion that we could easily share...
Well, no surprise...when it came it was a smallish brownie with a smallish scoop of coffee ice cream....
What is this? A Weight Watchers wine bar?

So these two Texans were quite disappointed by the Washington-sized brownie!
But it was delicious....all two bites!



When we visited Seattle in January and did a frantic search for an apartment Tejal came with us to check things out...she moved up here a few weeks after us so her apartment search wasn't quite as urgent but she came along for the ride to see what was available.

So at every apartment we looked at, Brian and I would sit down with the leasing person (which we hated because we were in such a hurry - just get the key and show us the apartment!!!) and inevitably at some point the person would say, "So.....it will be the three of you living in the apartment...???"
Ah, Tejal....our almost roommate!

I crack up every time I think about it....

1 comment:

Amy said...

If there can be a vacation room for us, we'll chip in some...