Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finally on solid ground again....

We made it to Medford Oregon tonight and we are tired....
What a long and strange journey this has been...

Here are a few pictures from our night in LA....
This is our good friend Chris (aka William the Kidd)....an aeronautical engineer by trade, Chris' real love is acting so about two and half years ago he moved out to LA to pursue his dreams....
He will always be famous in our book.....
Chris is such a smart and funny guy....
www.williamkidd.blogspot.com

Check out his star rating at:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1588594/


He has these great headshots so I had him sign a few for us.....
he was so embarrassed but he humored me...




Brian and Chris go back quite a few years at Lockheed....and I met him a few weeks after I met Brian...we went to a Monty Montgomery concert on our third date and Chris rode with us...
I still remember a certain incident with a Long Island iced tea......



This was our Holiday Inn Express in LA...
Overall I was a little freaked out....I guess I watch too much TV but I kept expecting crazy people and random acts of violence...
A side note here...we finished the Dean Koontz book The Good Guy today and it was a good book...I highly recommend it but not for a long road trip like this.
The book centers on two people being chased by a psychopath killer and most of the stalking takes place either on the road or in motels so.....
I was a little spooked at each place we stopped....my imagination was in overdrive...

But to me LA turned out to be just a crowded, busy city full of eclectic people and sights....
But again, I was just happy to wake up and find our car still outside and even better it still had wheels!





This morning we set out early....
A few hours outside LA we ate lunch at a Carl's Jr....
Remember that raunchy commercial with Paris Hilton washing the car and eating a hamburger??
Turns out it is just a west coast fast food chain....I was expecting much more....



We drove about 11 hours today...the scenery was gorgeous along the way...
Just outside LA we hit a stretch of about 30 miles of dense fog that limited visibility to about 10 feet...that was not fun to navigate but other than that the drive today was great.

Right before we entered Oregon we drove through the Shasta mountains and it was beautiful....


We finally reached an agreement with our mover John.
As you know from my earlier post we liked John alot when he picked up our stuff last week...
But he has been stressing us out big time this week..

The plan has always been for him to deliver our stuff on Thursday...at then end of the week he said he was stuck in bad weather and would be 2-3 days late, then a few days later he said he would be on time, then yesterday he called insisting that he drop off our stuff tomorrow morning...a full day early.
We had planned to take a scenic drive along the coast today but nixed that idea due to this sudden change in plans.
He keeps insisting that we could make to Seattle by tomorrow morning if we really tried....

Come on dude!!

There is just no way that we are up to driving all night, not to mention that the apartment complex has now been pushing back the time that they will even give the apartment to us...
Anyway, after a few tense phone calls we have agreed that we will arrive tomorrow afternoon, get the keys to the apartment at 5 and then he can make his delivery.

Sigh....there goes a beautiful friendship with John the mover.....



No comments: