Moving can be fun, but packing sucks....
I thought our house was full of stuff before, well it seems that our junk has multiplied and now we have 10 times as much stuff as before....how does that always happen???
When we started out packing last weekend I was getting nostalgic about certain things and wanting to "save it for my kids"....
Now a week later I don't even want to have kids because it would involve more stuff....
We probably donated half of what was in our closets, which was long overdue...but somehow I just can't seem to part with things unless under emergency situations (in this case, Brian glaring at me and saying for the 100th time...seriously we out of space....)
I thought our house was full of stuff before, well it seems that our junk has multiplied and now we have 10 times as much stuff as before....how does that always happen???
When we started out packing last weekend I was getting nostalgic about certain things and wanting to "save it for my kids"....
Now a week later I don't even want to have kids because it would involve more stuff....
We probably donated half of what was in our closets, which was long overdue...but somehow I just can't seem to part with things unless under emergency situations (in this case, Brian glaring at me and saying for the 100th time...seriously we out of space....)
It all boiled down to one box of sentimental clothing items that I just can not bear to part with...
the red pants I wore on my first date with Brian...
the bathing suit I wore on our honeymoon...
the sandals I bought in Spain....
khaki pants that I lived in junior year....
Just couldn't bring myself to give them away and at this point, just wasn't up to it....
Brian's parents helped out a ton this weekend, we could not have done it without them...they did so much for us....
Unfortunately, the accomodations were less than five star....at one point on Saturday we had an all out emergency when we completely ran out of toilet paper...and then there was Jeff who after slaving away had to eat a turkey sandwich on the butt of the bread.....
We are classy people...
The movers come tomorrow to take our one mattress and 15 boxes.....
that has turned into one mattress, 30 boxes, a sofa and a chair....
What can I say???
the red pants I wore on my first date with Brian...
the bathing suit I wore on our honeymoon...
the sandals I bought in Spain....
khaki pants that I lived in junior year....
Just couldn't bring myself to give them away and at this point, just wasn't up to it....
Brian's parents helped out a ton this weekend, we could not have done it without them...they did so much for us....
Unfortunately, the accomodations were less than five star....at one point on Saturday we had an all out emergency when we completely ran out of toilet paper...and then there was Jeff who after slaving away had to eat a turkey sandwich on the butt of the bread.....
We are classy people...
The movers come tomorrow to take our one mattress and 15 boxes.....
that has turned into one mattress, 30 boxes, a sofa and a chair....
What can I say???

No comments:
Post a Comment